pchealth - Re: [pchealth] A complete meal with miso soup. (Lawrence F. London, Jr.)

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: Chris Wardle <cjwardle@gmail.com>
  • To: pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pchealth] A complete meal with miso soup. (Lawrence F. London, Jr.)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 13:16:02 +0600

Thanks to Lawrence for the Miso Soup recipe.
I'm wondering if list members have information on the process/recipes for the core Miso Paste ingredients?
I ask as there seems to be a wealth of Soya Beans grown here in Pakistan, but precious little production of Tofu, Miso and other fermented Soy products and the one (18 month old) article I have been able to find <http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20080509f3.html> puts Miso paste production into the category of a dying art.
Makes me wonder if understanding the processes, trying them out at home and then building awareness and skills, might be a useful way of improving maternal and child health and form the basis for the design of development programmes with a strong permaculture link?
So, can anyone point me to English language resources (sorry for my linguistic incompetence) or existing programmes, on building community skills in this traditional Japanese dietary art?
Thanks in advance,
Chris Wardle.
~~~~~
Currently with Oxfam GB in Pakistan
Online at Facebook/Skype/Twitter/LinkedIn: cjwardle
Mobile: +92 333 784 1679
~~~~~