pcdb - Re: [pcdb] Another installation of Mediawiki for general use by permaculture community

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcdb] Another installation of Mediawiki for general use by permaculture community
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:36:20 -0500

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

The name of this system is PermacultureWiki. It will be a general resource on
permaculture and related topics.
Assuming permaculture to be an umbrella discipline then such things as agriculture, farming and gardening will be subtopics, all related to permaculture.

More on this from another post:

"We are open to suggestions as to what to do with this resource but it will likely be a general permaculture wiki with subsets for definition of permaculture, resources, organizations, professionals, educational opportunities,
demonstration sites, the PDC, the movement founders, past and present,
leaders, etc., systems design,
relationships between elements in systems, biomimicry, plant relationships,
stacking functions, zones,
crenelation, patterns and pattern ecognition, observation, sustainable agriculture, different types of farming and gardening systems, methods and amendments, market farming, soil quality, tilth, nutrients, amendments, etc. And of course architecture, energy, social systems and the spiritual aspects of permaculture.

I expect it will be a good place to promote all the permaculture teachers,
writers and consultants with a calendar
of events. I will work hard to make this happen but it should be a group effort. This wiki can be considered public property, always to be hosted by ibiblio and owned by all of us for perpetuity."

This system is of, by and for the greater global permaculture community and, of course, members of significant subscribers to permaculture forums and others related to permaculture such as the pfaf list, soil & health, em ag,
biodynamics, market garening and my new forum sustag@lists.ibiblio.org, sustainable agriculture. It will be permanently located at ibiblio in order to take advantage of the excellent and robust services that ibiblio offers for free including the ability of sysops to have direct access to the filesystem through an ibiblio personal shell account.