pcdb - Re: [pcdb] [Fwd: PIW and avoiding spam PIW e-mail]

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcdb] [Fwd: PIW and avoiding spam PIW e-mail]
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:00:02 -0400

Rich Morris wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: PIW and avoiding spam PIW e-mail
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:31:08 -0400
From: Chriswaterguy <chriswaterguy@appropedia.org>
To: Salix alba <rich@singsurf.org>

Hi Richard,

I notice you've got a spam problem on the wiki - this has affected a lot of wikis in recent months. We've learnt a few things about that at [http://www.appropedia.org/ Appropedia] - feel free to get in touch for pointers on setting up anti-spam tools.

The other thing is that you have good content, but need to be linked in to something larger to gain visibility. To that end, I'd like hear what you think of collaborating with Appropedia.

Maybe but I don't see much serious content or diversity thereof in their wiki.
Some of these portals are there to make $$ off advertising while appearing to
offer serious mainstream content but just offer links or search engines to
find same.
I think we are way ahead of them in most respects but they do offer material
we are short on or lacking.
Maybe just interwiki linking and rss feeds in appropriate places.

Just my thoughts. I will review their site more thoroughly.

LL

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj@intrex.net