pcdb - [pcdb] replies from me

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcdb] replies from me
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 02:18:36 -0400

Group:

I've been out of it for the past several dayze
with farm, house, shop activities and temporarily dropped the ball
but will reply to a number of posts RSN (real....soon....now).

I will inject one thought now, though. As for the "which list, which project,
db/wiki/blog/cms/etc." issue, I would like to see the project we have been
discussing lately arise from this list, pcdb,
for the most part. I would agree that a RDB may be the best use of time spent but also that wikis, cms, blogs and mailing lists could and maybe should be used by us. Some people know how to work on RDB's, the rest know how to create and use the rest, for sure. It would be nice if everyone had something they could work on toward final project completion.
:::
The pcplantdb list/PIW/permaculture.info thing:
This is the Threshhold funded work and is largely the effort of Chad Knepp
with considerable input, work, advice and help from most of the members of
that list
Chad is interested in turning completion of his database, as he has
envisioned it, to someone else.
I assume Lonnie is considering doing this and/or may be thinking of a single work that combines the best talent and ideas that exist in both lists.
::
The pcdb list/PermaSphere/Permaculture Database,etc.:
:
All new concept, new people with lots of skills and great ideas
:
Maybe we should work on a single project that combines the best of both lists
or, then again, maybe not.
Most of the people in the pcplantdb list are not on this one and know little
of what has been happening here
but they are welcome to join in.
:
I would like to see a permaculture database or Spheres of Permaculture
Knowledge come together and take shape
in this forum, based on core concepts we have discussed and an ongoing stream
of creative thought and good ideas.

Cheers,

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm

  • [pcdb] replies from me, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 04/03/2007