pcdb - [pcdb] an idea for funding

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: Paul d'Aoust <paul@heliosville.com>
  • To: pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcdb] an idea for funding
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:22:58 -0700

One huge issue is this: how do we fund this ambitious project?

well, what about sponsored links? Now hear me out... these links would
be reviewed by moderators, and would only be things that would provide
an actual service to the user. So what I propose is that suppliers could
advertise themselves on the relevant pages, for a fee. For instance,
what if I want to plant a Chilean guava? Well, I have no idea who on
earth sells those, so I go to the database, look up 'Chilean guava', and
-- lo and behold -- there's a nursery in Vancouver that sells them.
Hooray!

Paul

  • [pcdb] an idea for funding, Paul d'Aoust, 03/27/2007