osgaming - [OSG] Site Down

osgaming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Open Source Gaming News and Discussion

  • From: "OSG Webmaster" <webmaster AT osgaming.net>
  • To: osgaming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [OSG] Site Down
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:19:46 -0500 (EST)

This is just a short e-mail to inform everyone that Open Source Gaming is
currently down (obvious if you go to http://osgaming.net/). Apparently the
database just sorta disappeared, and I haven't had enough time to either
find a backup of it, or to simply upload a new CMS and start from scratch,
which could quite possibly happen as I'm gaining more and more dislike for
phpNuke. Right now it's a toss up between TikiWiki and Xoops. Feedback or
suggestions is always welcome, and I apologize that the site is down. I'll
work hard to get it up this week as I'll be on Spring Break, and it
appears as though I'll have plenty of time to work on it.

As a sidenote, before the downtime, the site had more than 200,000 page
views in just a year, and it was increasing by more than 5,000 page views
a month (but no one ever seems to speak up!)

I'll have everything up soon.
Matt
--
http://osgaming.net/ - Open Source Gaming