oscri - [Oscri] Minimal feature set for a useful registry

oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Rich Pearson <rich AT attributor.com>
  • To: oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Oscri] Minimal feature set for a useful registry
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:07:53 -0800 (PST)

Pointing back to one of Nathan's original questions, I am interested in this group's feedback on a fledgling project that was previewed at the technology summit and is now available at http://beta.fairshare.cc

Specifically,

-  What can we add to this service that will make it useful
-  How effective can a "first-seen online" policy aid ownership dispute issues.  By this, I mean if our crawler finds the work on your site first, it is assumed to be yours.  This would be augmented by reputation and other softer measures.

Interested in your thoughts,

Rich

  • [Oscri] Minimal feature set for a useful registry, Rich Pearson, 01/30/2009