oscri - Re: [Oscri] Fwd: Auto-discard notification

oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Roland Alton-Scheidl" <ras AT osalliance.com>
  • To: oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: rc-team AT lists.media.coop
  • Subject: Re: [Oscri] Fwd: Auto-discard notification
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:07:21 +0100

When specifying Registered Commons, we had a look at the music industries'
schemes, as they are most advanced, when it comes to collection of rights.
Here is our old WIKI page, including some links to the MWLI scheme:
http://fhplus.media.coop/project/rc/specs/numbering

We found the notion of a "release" as an atomic object for registrations most
suitable, as in fact we are doing a hash-code on any work and any of its
derivates.

In principal, RC supports the scheme of GRiDs (Global Release Identifiers).
IFPI is its authority, however they never reacted to our requests to become
an official GRiD issuer, see
http://www.ifpi.org/content/section_resources/grid.html
Maybe IFPI does not have a very positive attitude to registries, supporting
CC
licensing.

--Roland