opwg - [OP] Pineapple News - Please Contribute

opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Organic Pineapple Working Group

  • From: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: Organic Pineaple Working Group <OPWG AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OP] Pineapple News - Please Contribute
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:46:14 -0600

Dear OPWG Members:

In order to be sure you're all aware that Duane has requested articles
for the 17th issue of Pineapple News, I'm redirecting the following
important email message from him to the group.

Also: I was pleased to note that a number of new members have joined
the OPWG discussion group over the past few months and have been
meaning to ask them to post a brief resume informing all list
members regarding the experience, background and interests they're
bringing to OPWG.

Lastly, let me remind you that THIS IS YOUR LIST and it's success
will be determined by what we do with it as a group. All those
willing to share their knowledge and suggestions are invited to do
so, and those looking for information are free to request it.

Hopefully, we will be able to make 2010 a productive, profitable
and pleasurable pineapple year.

Awaiting your responses, I remain

Douglas Hinds
Center for Community and Rural Development
Alliance for Socially and Environmentally Responsable Development
Mexico

----------------------------

Dear Colleagues:

The 17th issue of Pineapple News is currently under preparation. As of
the date of this email, I have received only one contribution for the
newsletter and have two other contributions promised.

One of the contributions will come from Dr. Park Nobel, a distinguished
biophysical plant physiologist and popular author of books on agaves and
cacti as well as a world's authority on the ecophysiology of
Crassulacean acid metabolism (CAM) plants. I asked Dr. Nobel to write a
brief note on this metabolic pathway used by pineapple as well as the
plants he studies, mainly agaves and cacti. This is timely, as his new
book, "/DESERT WISDOM//AGAVES and CACTI: CO2, Water, Climate Change
(iUniverse)" has just appeared. This book, which is only $16.95 in
softcover and $6.00 as an ebook, describes the CAM pathway in
down-to-earth language as well as considers the responses of plants to
environmental conditions, including those accompanying global climate
change. You can check it out on his website, www.eeb.ucla.edu/nobel
<http://www.eeb.ucla.edu/nobel>.

Please plan to contribute research notes, research reports (suggested
length of four pages of 12 point type, not including figures and
tables), industry and country reports, etc. to the newsletter. If you
desire editorial help, please contribute material to me no later than
March 1, 2010. For all others, please email a statement of your intent
to contribute by March 1, 2010.

For those planning to present a paper at the 7th International Pineapple
Symposium, you can submit a condensed version of your work to Pineapple
News and if acceptable to the editorial committee, also have your full
article published in the proceedings of the meeting. Information on the
7th International Symposium can be obtained at
https://anjungnet.mardi.gov.my/Conference.nsf/PineApple_symp_prog?OpenPage.

Pineapple News presently goes to about 550 researchers, growers and
"friends" of pineapple in 81 countries and territories. Share your work
or news with the readers of Pineapple News, many of whom will not be
attending the symposium for a wide variety of reasons.

With best regards,
Duane

--
Duane P. Bartholomew, Ph.D., Agronomist emeritus
Dept. of Tropical Plant and Soil Science, University of Hawaii at Manoa

database 4833 (20100203) __________

http://www.eset.com
[...]

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4833 (20100203) __________

http://www.eset.com

  • [OP] Pineapple News - Please Contribute, Organic Pineapple Working Group, 02/03/2010
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [OP] Pineapple News - Please Contribute, Organic Pineapple Working Group, 02/03/2010