opwg - Re: [OP] Relating to SPAM from OPWG server

opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Organic Pineapple Working Group

  • From: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OP] Relating to SPAM from OPWG server
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:01:36 -1000

Hi Douglas:

Thanks for removing my name as moderator. I have had only about two to three spam emails per day since you took me off the server. Either other spam was somehow associated with the OPWG site or the Univ. spam filter efficiency has greatly increased.

Best regards,

Duane

Organic Pineapple Working Group wrote:
Dear Working Group Moderator:

Related to the amount of SPAM generated from the OPWG server, could you please remove my name as one who has authority to approve email messages sent through the server.

Duane

Done! (I thought I had done that some time ago). Please let me know
if you continue to get spam through OPWG.

Is anyone else here getting spammed via OPWG?

If so, it would probably be worth while to set up an OPWG mailing
list on a more secure server (perhaps google or yahoo groups).

Additionally, I think I'll get in touch with the folks at ibiblio to
see what they can do about solving this problem. The preferred
solution would be to simply discard any and all posts from
non-OPWG members.

Sorry for the inconvenience, Duane.

It would also be nice to hear from OPWG members about what they are
doing with their organic pineapple production, research and/or
sustainable development projects. (Those hesitant to share their
experiences with possible competitors are welcome to write me
directly at cedecor at gmx.net, cedecor at gmail.com, cedecor at
inbox.com, or dhinds at myrealbox.com and douglas.hinds at
gmail.com).

I have configured OPWG so that your email addresses are not exposed
to public view or other members. Any other suggestions?

Saludos,

Douglas