ohp - [OA-monographs] ACRL roundtable participants wanted

ohp AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Open access monographs

  • From: "Brunner, Marta" <martab AT library.ucla.edu>
  • To: <ohp AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OA-monographs] ACRL roundtable participants wanted
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:48:17 -0800

Dear all,

I am submitting a proposal to the upcoming Association of College and Research Libraries national conference for a roundtable discussion of open access scholarly monograph publishing and the roles that libraries could/should play in this endeavor.  This would be a great outreach opportunity for OHP.  If anyone on this list is planning to or would like to attend ACRL and would like to join me in this roundtable, please contact me off-list.  The conference is in Seattle, March 12-19, 2009.  Note that ACRL roundtables are not presentations; they are informal, directed discussions.  The deadline for roundtable submissions is November 23.  For more information, see the ACRL conference web site: http://www.acrl.org/ala/mgrps/divs/acrl/events/seattle/program/callforparticipation.cfm

I will take care of drafting/submitting the proposal, so the time commitment would be minimal beyond showing up in Seattle at the appointed time and being ready to talk about the kinds of things we have been discussing on this list.

Best,
Marta

****************
Marta L. Brunner, Ph.D.
Librarian for U.S./U.K. Literature and Comparative Literature,
   U.S./U.K. History and the History of Science
11360D Charles E. Young Research Library
UCLA - Box 951575
Los Angeles, California 90095-1575
Tel: 310-825-1249
Fax: 310-825-3777
martab AT library.ucla.edu
http://blogs.library.ucla.edu/literature/

  • [OA-monographs] ACRL roundtable participants wanted, Brunner, Marta, 11/06/2008