ocba - [ocba] Honey extraction simplified

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Honey extraction simplified
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 22:19:01 +0200

I just saw Dave Eckert’s e-mail about the honey extraction workshop and thought I would share the farm-to-table extraction technique that I experienced this morning in a hotel in Rome. Italians keep it simple. The first pic is a shot of the overall breakfast scene, the second is a close-up of the sweet main attraction.

The entire frame of capped honey was available to scoop out a chunk of honey comb to sweeten your granola or fruit. The tray underneath the frame holder collects any drippings from cells broken as pieces are scooped out. It was certainly a hit with the diners.

John Rintoul
No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071 (M)