ocba - [ocba] Placement of brand new hive

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Meredith Friedrick <friema16 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Placement of brand new hive
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:47:32 -0400

We live on a 40-acre tract and will be having some logging done very soon.
I will be getting my first package of bees very soon (end of the month) and where I want to put my hive is within 15 yards of where the heavy trucks will be passing.

Is this an OK idea or should I search for another area (less desirable due to tree cover and distance from house) to put them?

Thanks for your opinions -
Meredith Friedrick

  • [ocba] Placement of brand new hive, Meredith Friedrick, 03/12/2015