ocba - [ocba] Pollen

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Janet Weinberg <janetweinberg AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Pollen
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 14:02:14 -0700

Just wondering.  I read a lot about feeding pollen substitute patties.  Why not feed raw pollen?

I think my bees have taken over my lawns of nice grass.  This year I was stunned to see my yards became totally clover.  Almost overnight.  Beautiful carpets of clover - no grass seen.   I eventually had to mow it and within days it was up and blooming again.
(grass is underneath it).  I think they planted it so they wouldn't have to fly long distances for nectar.  I didn't plant it!

Janet
919-563-4224

  • [ocba] Pollen, Janet Weinberg, 07/13/2014