ocba - [ocba] OCBA Honey Extraction Workshop - 7/19 at 2 PM

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: David Eckert <daveckert AT gmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA Honey Extraction Workshop - 7/19 at 2 PM
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 18:16:12 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to remind you all that we're planning to hold a demonstration on how to extract honey using the OCBA equipment on Saturday 7/19 starting at 2 PM at the home of our gracious hosts, John and Meredith Friedrick.  The address is 3900 Bivins Rd, Hillsborough, NC.

A few notes for anyone planning to attend:
1.  Parking could be a little tight depending on how many people plan to attend, so if you can, please do carpool.
2.  Also, we'd like to find 2 people that would be willing to arrive between 1 and 1:30 PM to help get cars parked in an orderly fashion.  If you're willing, please write back to me directly and let me know.
3.  In years past this has tended to be a standing and participatory demo but if you think you'll want or need a chair please bring one.
4.  It's also come to my attention that several people have been planning to bring frames to this demonstration to extract.  I apologize for the misunderstanding but that's really not the intended purpose of this workshop.  This is a demonstration of how to use the OCBA equipment and to give folks a chance to try their hand at the steps that go into extracting honey.  If there are enough people interested in having a group honey extraction session then we can talk about making arrangements for that after the workshop.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all at the Friedrick's on the 19th.
David