ocba - Re: [ocba] HiveMonitor: Here comes the flow!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Vic Nyman" <nyman AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Randall Austin'" <ra41717 AT gmail.com>, <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] HiveMonitor: Here comes the flow!
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 00:34:10 -0400

Hey Randall,

We are located south of Chapel Hill near the Orange/Chatham county line. I have been trying to figure out what just bloomed and could potentially be the nectar source for what is coming in. I suspect the wild holly trees in the woods are the source. They were the source of wonderful honey early last spring. They are starting to bloom about now. I will walk out back and check them as well as the wild Russian olive bushes tomorrow to see if the bees are working them yet.

With the warm weather this weekend, I suspect that the flow will open up pretty fast. Tomorrow, I plan to check my two small outyards further to the west to see if they are active as well.

Good luck. Vic