ocba - Re: [ocba] New Beekeeper looking for a mentor near Cane Creek Reservoir

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Muriel Williman <mewilliman AT gmail.com>
  • To: Moses Carey <mcarey5 AT nc.rr.com>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] New Beekeeper looking for a mentor near Cane Creek Reservoir
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 22:49:57 -0400

Hi friends, Moses and Dale!
Todd posted this on our class list about using google maps to find a mentor and be a bee buddy.

Muriel

--start--

I think the biggest obstacle to mentoring has been simply connecting folks who live in the same area.  I have put together a little google map so we can see where everyone is to try and facilitate these connections.  Go to the google map and enter your location and contact information.  New beekeepers should indicate that they are looking for a bee buddy and experienced folks should indicate that they are available to help out.

Mark your home location with the default blue placemarker.  I have also included some places where I keep bees with a yellow placemarker.  Our meeting places are marked with orange.

We've never done this before so it will be a work in progress.  Let's see how it works out and please offer suggestions for the map or the mentoring program in general to our listserve so that we can discuss.

A quick tutorial about entering your information may be found here .

The map may be found here .