ocba - Re: [ocba] Election signs

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Starks, Walter" <Walter.Starks AT facilities.unc.edu>
  • To: Muriel Williman <mewilliman AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Election signs
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 16:17:21 +0000

Here's a pretty good YouTube video for building the traps. Not sure how the boric acid would effect the hive though.
http://youtu.be/e1iz8NiX79A

______

Walter

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 3, 2013, at 10:14 AM, "Muriel Williman" <mewilliman AT gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Friends,
I heard last year that corrugated plastic is useful for making hive beetle traps. Is this true? If so, anyone interested in getting some election signs to reuse for this purpose? I work for the OC solid waste dept. and would like to put this reuse option out to those picking up signs since our recycler does not want them.  Need to check my facts tho... and measure interest.
Thanks for the connections!

Muriel