ocba - Re: [ocba] Bee Dieoff in Canada (30M bees)

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Thomas Grizzle <griz AT mindspring.com>
  • Cc: "<ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Bee Dieoff in Canada (30M bees)
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 13:56:55 -0400

Thanks Tom,

I had seen this case before and I like the way this author tied the Perdue study to this case. It's not the only case out there, they are growing.

What I like most is his last phrase..."time to make the connections". I agree with that and have been saying that for years.

It's getting clear from these multiple cases, the Perdue study and Bayers own actions that this IS a problem for our bees! They are now spending time and resources (millions) to address this "issue".

WHY? if neonics are not bad for bees why spend a dime. They are now talking about trying to redesign the entire corn planting mechanism so this will no longer be an issue. WHY neonics are not bad for bees....right?

The "connection" I'd prefer people to make is the simple one!

If these confirmed cases, the Perdue study and Bayers own actions and investment to fix this "issue" shows neonics are bad for bees...WHY is it so hard to admit the neonics (in their engineered intent state) inside the plant are ALSO bad for bees? I just don't get that. If its bad on the ground after some talc powder rubs on it...how is it magically ok up on top in the nectar and pollen??

Seriously...how? Cause they say so?

I'm a fan of connections...proves ones point eventually, but the bees keep dying while folks keep waiting to do so. That part I'm not a fan of.

Marty

Sent from my iPhone