ocba - Re: [ocba] Molasses -> Honey?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: annallys Goodwin-Landher <annallys AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Eric Schwenke <eric AT swanfire.net>, OCBA <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Molasses -> Honey?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 08:14:12 -0400

Dark sugars with molasses, molasses, demarra, sucanet, etc can cause diarrhea in the bees.  Please keep it for livestock and get white sugar, preferably organic if your willing to pay the price difference.  Be aware that organic often has more molasses than conventional white sugar.  Also stay away from organic raw sugar in the bulk section of health food stores because it too has too much molasses

Here's a bee tea recipe for boosting the bees immune system along with making feed
 http://www.spikenardfarm.org/articles.html

Annallys
919 933-9109
annallys AT hotmail.com

Four years after the bees are gone, humanity is gone.

Albert Einstein