ocba - Re: [ocba] Fwd: neonic links

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>, Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>, NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Fwd: neonic links
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:57:26 -0500

Thanks Geneva for posting and sharing this. I'll review the euro report and
offer ideas-feedback. Looks like some light reading! ;-)

Great topic that's overdue a deeper look. No longer can we look only to the
known pests as the main bee tailment.

I had three hives die out this year that stored food down low(not high), left
brood in there with food and we're trying to make new queens in November.
Then just reduced rapidly then left. Only few dead bees on screen (so mot a
direct chem kill off) and about 100 bees left so something else is at play.
One of them abandoned the hive leaving the queen and 20 or so bees with small
patch of brood. Seems neurological to me.

Thanks again for LEADING the way!!

marty
just bee

Sent from my iPhone