ocba - [ocba] Fwd: neonic links

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: neonic links
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:09:08 -0500

I have been thinking a lot, and reading a lot this winter about concerns for honey bees, particularly neoniciotinoids. Randy Oliver who posts often on Bee-L has taught me a great deal and someone else on Bee-L posted the recent European report on them. Both are not fun reading but very interesting. I think this is a very complicated issue but the more informed we are the better we can care for our bees. I would love to hear what anyone thinks about either or both of these articles.
Thanks
Geneva

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/studiesdownload.html?file=79433&languageDocument=EN

http://scientificbeekeeping.com/neonicotinoids-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-science/