ocba - [ocba] split question?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] split question?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 18:35:34 -0500 (CDT)

Folks,

we did a split with 5 frames into a 5 frame nuk box 29 days ago.
Today I looked in for the first time. No sign of a laying queen. I
did find some drone brood and a handful of 2 week or so old larva,
I suspect laying workers did this? How much longer should I wait
before I get a queen? The bees have been making honey as 4 frames
were busting at the seams with honey along with a bit of pollen.
These bees have been working very hard and fill most of the box.

Cheers and thanks for your help,

Randy Emmitt
www.rlephoto.blogspot.com