ocba - Re: [ocba] Fwd: cng practices

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: annallys Goodwin-Landher <annallys AT hotmail.com>
  • To: OCBA <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Fwd: cng practices
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:35:27 -0400

My emails supporting chemical free beekeeping, decreasing chemical use to promote the health of bees, or utilizing an already existing site that lists bee toxins were intended to inform and if they were perceived as an attack on a single individual on the OCBA list serve, it was not my intention.  If my comments about the marketing/political game of naming actions and practices were perceived as offensive or harsh, I acknowledge that the comment was an after thought after reading ad nausea home pages for several chemical companies and their products used for farming.

Several times, in response to emails I sent lauding a more balanced view of the chemical company now so busy with caring for bees, I received what I consider virulent emails regarding my inability to judge science, comment on the practices of chemical companies in regards to bees, or judge scientific articles unless there's a PhD behind my name.  Yet, the sender receives no public hand slapping for inappropriate or harsh comments.

I do know that I find bees and the environment inextricably interwoven, if that be considered environmentalism so be it.    Consider, how we as beekeepers, constantly take environment into account when we place, tend, inspect, and move beehives.

Annallys Goodwin-Landher

  • Re: [ocba] Fwd: cng practices, annallys Goodwin-Landher, 04/06/2012
    • Message not available
      • Re: [ocba] Fwd: cng practices, annallys Goodwin-Landher, 04/12/2012