ocba - Re: [ocba] Lose one, gain one (perhaps)

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Todd Walker <mtwalker AT imageray.net>
  • To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Lose one, gain one (perhaps)
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 20:53:18 -0400

Randy,

I usually try not to leave open comb and honey near the hives. It can set
off robbing and things can get frenzied. That might be what is happening
now. If they haven't cleaned up to honey, move it well away from the
hives. I have also put cappings, open comb, etc. into hive top feeders and
put them on hives. That way the bees clean it up but it doesn't get
everyone into an uproar. The same goes for empty supers after extraction.

~Todd