ocba - Re: [ocba] oops

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • Cc: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] oops
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:48:40 -0500

A good mistake, I'd say.  It's exactly the sort of thing this listserve was built for!

If I had to guess, I would say that your weak colony probably isn't really a viable colony anymore.

I was just looking at the google map and noticed that Catherine Adamson is close by.  You might contact her and see if she might have time to swing by on the next pretty day and give it a gander.  If possible, invite other nearby beekeepers to swing by during the inspection.  Dysfunctional hives offer great opportunities to teach/learn.

Lewis