ocba - [ocba] 2nd year in beekeeping book advice... 2nd year in beekeeping book advice...

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Blair Christian <blair.christian AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] 2nd year in beekeeping book advice... 2nd year in beekeeping book advice...
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:05:47 -0500

I'll second Tom's request. Suppose I have a hive or two, what are
best practices for bringing in new hives, eg when is it appropriate to
move frames of brood around; when/why would I want to split, what
factors should I consider; what is the big picture about queen
rearing; hopefully have some chapters about bee biology in each
season/each stage of a colony interleaved with hive management.

All my books are either year 1 or special topics. I'm missing the
middle of the road book that tells me when/what I need to read in the
special topics books.

Best,
Blair