ocba - Re: [ocba] Eggs in burr comb

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Eggs in burr comb
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 18:52:16 -0500

Hey Randy,

You probably just found the drones you were looking for yesterday!

If you do not have a frame of "drone sized" foundation in there they will fill in some extra space w/ drones....usually up high like that. If you do decide to install one then the number 3 or 4 spot is good. Pierco makes a new plastic, food grade w/ wax covered, drone foundation-frame all in one. I like it because its green....easy to keep up with. If ya do it for IPM management then get 2 so when you take the other out to freeze you are able to replace it w/ another.

good luck,
marty