ocba - [ocba] Hive in bad shape

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: false <verrildd AT yahoo.com>
  • To: soggydollarbar AT hotmail.com, Lewis Cabel <lewis AT hivebody.com>, ocba listserv <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>, David Langham <david_langham AT hotmail.com>
  • Subject: [ocba] Hive in bad shape
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:37:53 -0800 (PST)

I took a look today - doesn't look good.  There are only about 100-200 bees in the hive, no queen, no brood.  There is plenty of honey in there, and I don't see very many dead bees.

So, where do I go from here?  Order a new package?  How do I insert the package into the hive with the few existing bees?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Very disappointing day.

Thanks,

Donovan