ocba - [ocba] Bees in the bird feeder!?!?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Jeff Bollinger <jeff01 AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Bees in the bird feeder!?!?
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:56:37 -0500

Has anyone ever seen this before (take a look at the video below):

http://www.ils.unc.edu/~bollj/albums/homeGarden/bees_in_feeder.mpg

Our bees seem to be raiding our bird feeder and knocking all the birdseed out onto the ground. The only thing we could think of was that there are some dried cherries in the bird food, but other than that, I can't imagine what the bees could be interested in?

Thanks,
Jeff

  • [ocba] Bees in the bird feeder!?!?, Jeff Bollinger, 01/06/2006