nafex - [nafex] Black currants out of hand

  • From: Devin Smith <dvidedevo@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Black currants out of hand
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 14:29:32 +0000 (UTC)

Many cultivars are quite tart and smoky, but not all. Sweeter and milder
selections abound. The best I’ve had for fresh eating is minaj smyriou- it’s
large, soft and juicy, and very mild. We eat them by the fistful in my
household.  Titania, Belaruskaya, and Kirovchanka are about middle of the rd.
in my experience, still good fresh, but more zippy. Black down is said to be
quite good fresh, though I don’t have that one currantly (finest dad humor
implied)Devin SmithSouthern VT zone 5
>From lpittman@murraystate.edu Sun Nov 22 09:33:01 2020
d=murraystate.edu; s=google;
h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to;
bh=RYyBe4fZyt8t9mHuIDHbwntQSSHlRFdyu8qfyJ4Qv5M=;
b=LgfP4SBz7UfubKhS9JgnMtLh2tcOGWhLrA9nQzuBhDho4/RVj5dDBVA15pJ2SfiRhj
mobsFHo043xaKc2ZLzQzBQJhkZQoboqwjNae6aHFrOSEaDB/wmyG9JqYlz53wf//wHBr
S8X5ads1HnusVkf7SX3ZotKBcFvsnz9Ff4UnQX-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1;
a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d100.net; s 161025;
h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date
:message-id:subject:to;
bh=RYyBe4fZyt8t9mHuIDHbwntQSSHlRFdyu8qfyJ4Qv5M=;
b=Ip9Ino7HkoAxDo+ghicqvTe7WHVK+T06f1Uiv+FC5cQQKZ9GSCMEl1TdUhBidyE1fo
yuSNBMmeJ61WXx51xc00pfR6isZUXjPGmaN5934Vxm4MXDYdSzVIGrWuM2YNNRQ22g6A
IbXJw8uFBlp4+ZBSKDtZJIx7ZHTeNnbDAV34/IA4DOyaVJ3uC8Jav3dp/lcJsdp2K+WW
BhDuE/iCR21BRZwH4XRB9I6B/giakLhVUIUPlXcujVB07V7nQJfTo6RI8ahfF9fHXn/o
LqPXEYr9x9UAaWAfiNol+Tss4j8SCpLAaImUBQIWfg68EYJhPwb3nBHV5gPceGcv4S1b
F0qw=X-Gm-Message-State:
AOAM5326skLQgwYugbuCk8ETQvdkHMGhXlr2L+CN/UNwO8lrXPnd6Nmm
K1QhInVI8WnEgUiBolfmTY2JDZgQtWQ1EqeUCylbwm4ZfLwX-Google-Smtp-Source:
ABdhPJwOqNlhucP+XC3t5shLFHDEnynZtYz9HLd7mKzmwHapl+CrxKHB0oSuQ4Nv36CFaPfyHEPP31Nx/2YLQAV6ZjQX-Received:
by 2002:a4a:764e:: with SMTP id w14mr2742724ooe.56.1606055580682;
Sun, 22 Nov 2020 06:33:00 -0800 (PST)