nafex - Re: [nafex] clipping responses

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: NAFEX email discussion group <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] clipping responses
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 15:26:15 -0500

> On Nov 21, 2020, at 1:17 PM, John Barbowski <jbarbowski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *(don't forget to clip the previous responses to avoid repetition and long
> messages in the thread)*

In my email program and at least some others, you can select/highlight just
the bit you want to respond to before hitting reply to the email, and only
that part will be quoted in your reply window.

I recently ran into somebody who didn't know their email program does that,
so I'll drop the information here in case somebody else whose program works
that way doesn't know about it. It's much faster than having the program
quote everything and then having to go through removing chunks of text both
before and after.

Then all you have to do is check the subject line and change or add to it if
needed.