nafex - Re: [nafex] Your experience with Mara des Bois strawberry

  • From: mark wessel <growyourown@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Your experience with Mara des Bois strawberry
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 21:38:00 -0400

The aroma is incredible. I picked some and put the basket in my truck. When I
got in the aroma was overwhelming. Flavor is was decent. Seemed like a pastry
chefs dream fruit for finishing a dish. Foliar diseases plagued them but they
seemed to carry on. There is a variety from france, Charlotte that has MDB
for a parent. It is a day neutral with larger fruits, disease resistance and
an intense candy strawberry flavor. It is our farm favorite. Fragrant as well.