nafex - Re: [nafex] Jay Cufts Szukis persimmon comment

  • From: Lee Reich <leeareich@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Jay Cufts Szukis persimmon comment
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 10:50:23 -0500

Jerry, You’re right about not necessarily wanting to kill a rootstock. I just
threw that out as a way to do it, if desired. For instance, for an own-rooted
pawpaw.

I have only two persimmon varieties: Mohler and Szukis. The few grafts I’ve
made of my Szukis, which originally came from John Gordon, have all borne
well and quickly. I made a new Szukis tree a few years ago and it’s planted
about 200 feet from my older Szukis/Mohler combo tree. I imagine it’s
self-pollinated. I’ll go out today and check for fruits.

Lee
Lee Reich, PhD
Come visit my farmden at
http://www.leereich.com/blog <http://www.leereich.com/blog>