nafex - [nafex] Aronia Berry Festival will be this weekend in Missouri Valley, Iowa

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam (MPCA)" <sam.brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • Subject: [nafex] Aronia Berry Festival will be this weekend in Missouri Valley, Iowa
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:16:29 +0000

Sawmill Hollow (andrew@sawmillhollow.com) You moved this message to its
current location.

Fri 9/19/14 7:52 AM

Friend,

It's not too late to settle your weekend plans! Join us for the 7th Annual
North American Aronia Berry Festival at Sawmill Hollow Family Farm, this
Saturday and Sunday, September 20-21, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.

The field day turned festival at America's first Aronia berry farm features
all things that highlight the native purple berry, including food and
recipes, wine tastings, growers workshops (now with honey bees, composting,
gardening, and more!), and of course, the "World Famous" Aronia Berry Stomp.

In addition to the aronia berry, the event features dozens of local Loess
Hills artisans; everyone from candles and soap makers, to potters and
painters, photographers and jewelers, knitters and local artisan farms. We're
excited to welcome the Raptor Recovery team to the farm to teach us more
about animals native to our region. Live music will set the soundtrack to the
Loess Hills.

We think every year is pretty special, but we're excited to have a special
guest join us for our 7th annual event. Senator Tom Harkin will experience
his first aronia berry festival, kicking off the weekend with a visit from
10:00 - noon on Saturday.

Our "Sunday in the Heartland" event will feature the Hy-Vee Healthy You
Mobile, with dietitians sharing tips on making life easier, healthier, and
happier.

As always, entry to the festival is free. So get your GPS and google maps set
for 2159 Kennedy Ave., Missouri Valley, IA 51555. For more information visit
www.sawmillhollow.com<http://www.sawmillhollow.com>

I'm looking forward to seeing you, your family, and friends this weekend.

Cheers,

Andrew Pittz
Sawmill Hollow Family Farm

  • [nafex] Aronia Berry Festival will be this weekend in Missouri Valley, Iowa, Brungardt, Sam (MPCA), 09/19/2014