nafex - Re: [nafex] Sources for Orleans Reinette apple?

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Sources for Orleans Reinette apple?
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 22:13:12 -0500

Josh,

Sorry, I don't have that variety. It's described as a heirloom, so it's
origins are not apparently obvious.

I found the following in a web search:

www.orangepippintrees.com

http://www.heirloomorchards.com/product%20pages/orleans_reinette.html

http://www.naturehills.com/apple-tree-orleans-reinette-organic-heirloom

plus a few more.

However, I'm curious what rootstock this tree was on and how mature it was.
Also, did your tree bear fruit and if so, how was the taste?

Sherwin Dubren