nafex - [nafex] Problem with Nanking Cherry Fruit

  • From: caitlin cook-isaacson <ccookisaacson@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Problem with Nanking Cherry Fruit
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 19:44:00 -0500

We had the same thing on only one of our Nankings this year as well, never
before. Last year, we had some brown rot and removed all of the affected
fruit that we could find. This year, a handful of the fruits grew huge and
banana-shaped about 2 weeks ago, so we removed them as well. They fruits
were dry and hollow inside with no flesh or seeds.

To me it looks very similar to plum pocket/pocket plum which I have also
seen on some local plums this year. Dan, if your fruit looks similar,
maybe it is *taphrina pruni*?

http://rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=199

best,
Caitlin