nafex - [nafex] Really late spring

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: NAFEx <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Really late spring
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 01:00:24 -0400

The first trees to bloom every year are my Manchurian apricots.
Normally they bloom in mid April but I have seen them bloom at the end of March some years. Finally, we have had 2 days in a row that were approximately 80 degrees. Last evening, I noticed a few scattered flowers open. By the time I came home for lunch today (May 15th) the apricots were pretty much in full bloom.
I think the flowering of my apple trees will mostly be in June this year.

Steve (In the Adirondacks)

  • [nafex] Really late spring, Steve, 05/16/2014