nafex - [nafex] Ka-Bluey Blueberry

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: NAFEx <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Ka-Bluey Blueberry
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 23:57:46 -0400

More than a year ago, there was a discussion on our group, here, about a highly flavored blueberry that a few members liked. I intended to order a plant or two last spring but circumstances prevented me from following through with that. Now, the only thing I remember about the conversation is that Gardens Alive sells it on their website under their own name.
I just checked the Gardens Alive site and I'm sure their Ka-Bluey variety is the one. What is the name of this blueberry when other places sell it?
Maybe it's lucky that I didn't plant blueberries last year. This winter would have been rough on them to say the least. The snow cover didn't come until mid winter and prior to that the temperatures went down to -30, or close to it, several times. Does anyone here grow that variety where conditions get that cold?
I've been meaning to plant a group of blueberries for literally decades. It's time to get on with it and do it!

Steve in the Adirondacks