nafex - [nafex] root-to-root comparison: Krymsk 1 vs. St. Julien

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: [nafex] root-to-root comparison: Krymsk 1 vs. St. Julien
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 10:12:11 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Fellow NAFEXers,

Has anyone, particularly in the Southeast, compared St. Julien with Krymsk 1
for Japanese plums?

A few years ago, I rescued a wonderfully-flavored plum that had been bearing
annually with no care near a local fire station. The previous owner was kind
enough to let me take some scions, which I grafted onto Pixie. Someone
bought the property and bulldozed the original tree, but this plum deserves
propagation. Pixie makes a nice small tree, but I'd like to try some other
dwarfing stocks with this scion.

Best New Year's wishes from the sunny North Carolina piedmont.

Anton

  • [nafex] root-to-root comparison: Krymsk 1 vs. St. Julien, Anton Callaway, 12/28/2013