nafex - Re: [nafex] Krymak 1 rootstock

  • From: ak <akmanty@sbcglobal.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Krymak 1 rootstock
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 13:06:02 -0600

Andrew,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Have you tried any other rootstocks for peach, as Red leaf, or ???
Karen

On 12/12/2013 11:08 AM, Andrew Hahn wrote:
It is working well for some other peaches for me in high altitude 6a. The
biggest drawback I have found with it is that it shows drought stress
pretty quickly, so might need more water than other choices.
On the other hand, my peaches on it have bloomed the year after grafting
and it has been easy to graft.

Will this work for Contender peach in WI?
I'm looking for a great dwarf rootstock for zone 5.
Dwarf? Hardy? Disease resistance?
Karen

message archives
Google message archive search: