nafex - [nafex] Fw: Swaar not Swaar

  • From: Henry <treehugger53ah@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Fw: Swaar not Swaar
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 08:24:39 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to identify an apple that we found at the Seed Savers orchard in
Iowa.

It was labeled "Swaar," but looks nothing like the other apple in their
orchard with the same name tag. That apple matches up with images and
descriptions of 'Swaar.'

This one is is a small brown russet that is rather flat (short from top to
bottom). Some were almost donut shaped and some rather lumpy.

It was our favorite in taste testing.

Can anyone help?

If the photo doesn't come through I could send it directly to a private email.

--Henry Fieldseth
Minneapolis, Minnesota, zone 4/5
http://www.FriendsSchoolPlantSale.com

JPEG image