nafex - Re: [nafex] Jerry's question on squirrels. now cats and Kania traps

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Jerry's question on squirrels. now cats and Kania traps
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 12:25:48 -0400

Cats are interested in getting into boxes.

This is true even if there's nothing they want to eat in the box.

On Aug 7, 2013, at 12:23 PM, david.maxwell@dal.ca wrote:

According to Kania this is not a problem, presuming you bait the traps with peanut butter,
nuts, grain, etc., because cats are not interested in fruit and nuts, so ignore the traps, even if
they could potentially climb the post upon which the trap is fastened. They will trap 'possums,
though. (Not a problem for us in Canada!)

Theses sound like good traps-- but have to think where to put them so
that my cats cannot get into them by mistake--any suggestions?

Idell Weydemeyer