nafex - Re: [nafex] Triazide questions

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Triazide questions
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 00:17:42 -0500

On 7/23/2013 6:16 PM, Richard J. Ossolinski wrote:
It might be worth noting that, unlike Imidan,
DuPont™ Asana® XL is a restricted use pesticide.
Richard
Gouldsboro, ME Zone 5

Richard,

I wish you would have been more explicit in your message.
What exactly is 'restricted' about Asana? According to a
list of restricted-use pesticides I saw, Asana is harmful
to aquatic environments. DuPont recommends that it be
applied professionally, so that leaves out the home orchard
people.

Strange that Alan switched to Asana to get around the
restrictions on Imidan, which in this case cannot be found
in stores catering to homeowners. In fact, Imidan
(Phosmet) does not show up in the restricted-use list
I mentioned.

Asana does not stress protection for fruit trees and all it's
other restrictions makes me think it is not a good choice
for the home-orchardist.

Sherwin Dubren
Morton Grove, IL