nafex - [nafex] Ray's questions

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Ray's questions
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:22:48 -0400

Ray, I wouldn't want to rely on calcium sprays for brown rot although there
is research of it's partial effectiveness with multiple applications. Used
with sulfur it might be a good way to try organic methods but I rely on an
SI fungicide called Indar. The already mentioned Montery Fungus Fighter
is a product packaged for the home grower of similar chemistry, although it
seems not to be as useful against peach scab. You may have to go on-line
to find it. I find a single application a month before ripening is usually
adequate if rain doesn't get crazy frequent.

Where are you located? Here in southeastern NY I generally only need two
applications of similarly affective materials- I've stopped using Imidan.
Now if I can avoid too many Jap beetles and stinkbugs I'll be fine. Found
a cluster of immature green stinkbugs on a peach yesterday, however. Hot
weather encourages them.