nafex - Re: [nafex] sweet cherry trees

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] sweet cherry trees
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:05:15 -0400

I have had good luck with the Cornell releases White Gold and Black Gold.
Both are self-fertile. Occasionally they crack, and some years I get worms in
them; most years they are good. Cornell has a new wave of releases out now
but they don't sound like a step up from these two in terms of cracking and
taste.

I am now trying several of the older softer varieties in the hopes of less
cracking. They are hard to source; I got my trees from Arboreum.biz.

Scott Z7 MD