nafex - Re: [nafex] Mushrooms

  • From: Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Mushrooms
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:58:37 -0800

I am a NAFEX member and I also grow mushrooms.
There are connections between fruit growing and mushroom growing:
...morels are frequently found in apple orchards. Something special about
that pairing.
...I grow oyster mushrooms on all kinds of waste products, including fruit
wood chips.

I agree that this NAFEX mailing list is not the place to discuss mushrooms
if that's all you are discussing. But if there is overlap with fruit
exploring, then why not?

Here are two places that are more appropriate to learn about mushroom
cultivation.
1. Mushroom Horticulture message board on Yahoo Groups.:
2. Shroomery message board for gourmet mushrooms
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/13

If you join the discussion on Mushroom Horticulture (it's free), and you
are serious about cultivating gourmet mushrooms, let me know OFFLINE (not
in the NAFEX group) and I will send you a sample of spawn to get you
started. I got started with a tablespoon of oyster spawn. I guess I should
say this offer is limited to the first 10 or so people that ask me for a
free sample. Also note this spawn will not grow on goat and sheep poop.

-Mark Lee, Seattle