nafex - [nafex] Potomac pear blight resistance in the south Atlantic region

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • Subject: [nafex] Potomac pear blight resistance in the south Atlantic region
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:55:48 -0500

Does anyone have experience growing Potomac in the SE. I lost a pear (moonglow) to blight this year and need to replace it with a desert quality, more blight resistant variety. Potomac is one that looks like a good candidate (fruiting time, etc) for my needs and it is available. The Harvest Queen I ordered was not ready for this year.

Betsy Hilborn
7b NC