nafex - Re: [nafex] Tropical fruits suitable for container-culture

  • From: Bassgarden <bassgarden@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Tropical fruits suitable for container-culture
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:53:54 -0500

I have either grown or currently growing the following:
Citrus, different types
Papaya
June plum (spondias dulcis)
Surinam cherry
loquat
Sugar apple
Cherimoya
Guava
Miracle fruit
Mango
Banana
Pineapple guava
Strawberry guava

I came to the conclusion that if you don't have a good indoor sunroom with
good amount of humidity or a greenhouse that is kept above 60 F, you will be
wasting time growing tropical fruit. Growing sub tropical trees are much
easier to grow and fruit such as figs, pomegranates, some guavas, loquats,
and citrus.

Bass
www.treesofjoy.com
Bethlehem, pa