nafex - [nafex] 12 acres at Indianapolis

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: borstster@gmail.com
  • Subject: [nafex] 12 acres at Indianapolis
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 17:03:58 -0500 (EST)

This messager was on the Indiana Nut & Fruit Growers chat net. I'm
transfering to this net in case someone here is interested.

From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 23:00:46 +0000
Subject: Re: [nafex] Grafting with Kids

Yea and amen.=A0
I use a #8 Opinel folding knife: carbon steel=2C holds an edge well and ver=
y comfortable in the hand. I have only grafted apples=2C most of which had =
rather soft wood when grafting size. Something slow-growing and tough=2C li=
ke Court Pendu Plat=2C I would put against a bench to cut.

Dave Liezen=2C=A0
who hopes to graft three old German apples (Glockenapfel [Bell apple]=2C Ro=
ter Eiserapfel [Red Iron]=2C Edelborsdorfer [Borstown Noble=2C dates back t=
o 1175!] and one French colonial=2C Pomme Grise [Gray]=2C with that knife i=
n a couple of months for my yard.